New Technologies are emerging and companies are adopting new business models to respond to changes in technologies, market demands, customer behavior.Disruption is becoming a normal word in the industry.
Companies want the professionals working with them to learn the new technologies, skills and should adopt to new way of working and respond faster to the changing needs.
Professionals working or planning to working in these areas will have adopt the mantra – “unlearn , learn and relearn”.
Has way of learning changed, Oh yes and a lot.
Learning is changing from just going to colleges or full time classes to learning by reading news, books, watching videos and presentation, enrolling for online/offline courses, attending events, hackathons and conferences.
Its vital that every professional should devote time for learning.
To encourage continuous learning, companies could
- Enable to employees/teams to setup focus groups
- Bring experts from outside so teams get new perspective and understand what other companies/teams are doing
- Provide access to learning materials(paid material available in market)
- provide 5-15% of time to be invest in trying out new ideas (Accountable – not forcing every idea to succeed)
- Provide ways for employees to interact with members outside the team(lunch with random people from organization, mentor-ship)
- Arrange events, hackathons within organization(aligning to company’s/project/team goals)
Happy Learning 🙂